One of the cornerstones of my nursing practice is the living presence of Jesus in my personal life. Yet, I am challenged to merge my personal faith with my professional life. Even though I have been a nurse for 20+years, I struggle every day to live out the love and grace of Jesus as a nurse, teacher, and colleague. It is from my own personal need that the Lord birthed my passion–to encourage and equip Christian nurses to live out their faith in their professional practice. Thus, in 2008 I started the ministry of nurses4him.org, which continues through this blog and various publications.
The Lord has equipped and blessed me by using my gift of encouragement, teaching, and writing to publish devotions through Nurses Christian Fellowship International. NCFI Cares (Caring Across Regions with Encouraging Scripture). Whether you are a seasoned NCFI Cares subscriber, a frequent visitor, or a roving blogger/visitor, take a trip down memory lane and explore the various topics covered. You will be encouraged by the warm heart and support found in a brief devotion.
- Read the first NCFI Cares devotion/blog posting from 2013 entitled NCFI Cares: Hands and Heart.
- In 2016, a compilation of devotions was published for print entitled CARES: Reflections for Nurses.
- There are 3 different publications to serve international Christian nurses (Bilingual Spanish/English, English only, and Chinese/English). The PDF documents are available for free on the NCFI Website.
- In January 2018, we celebrated the 100th NCFI Cares Devotion and 5 years of regular communication. This video devotion was a fun way to reach out to international nurses with encouragement and support.
- Then, during the pandemic CARES II: Reflections for Nurses was published! This unique compilation includes devotions from Christian nurses from around the world–Chile, Argentina, Nigeria, Singapore, Bangladesh, Norway, and the United Kingdom. It is available in 2 publications: Bilingual Spanish/English and English only. You can find it on Amazon or as a free pdf download on the NCFI Website.
Sign up for NCFI Cares Email Devotions on the NCFI website
Follow the blog to receive NCFI Cares Devotions and other publications.
Be sure to check out the category Christian Nursing Publications. A compilation of NCFI devotional series which can be used for personal or with nursing groups. Some titles include the following:
- Leadership Tips from Joshua — As we leave the challenges of work, faith, and personal life experienced during the coronavirus pandemic behind, we are ready to be leaders of the future! Check out the devotional series starting with Next Steps on Our Journey. Learn how Moses provided guiding words to the Israelites as they left their wilderness journey behind and headed for the promised land. The next devotions shares how the Lord prepared Joshua for his new leadership role.
- Leadership Tips from Joshua (with Big Shoes of Leadership Includes Courage)
- Big Shoes of Leadership Includes a Plan for Success
- Fit To Be A Leader
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #1: Stand in Confidence
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #2: Change Your Perspective
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #3: Get Ready for Miracles
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #4: Do a Heart Check
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #5: Memorial Stones
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #6: Don’t Be Surprised by Conflict
- Joshua’s Leadership Tip #7: PTL–A Battle Strategy
- COMING SOON: Leadership Tip #8: Contentment–A Battle Strategy
- COMING SOON: Leadership Tip #9: Blind Humility–A Battle Strategy
- COMING SOON: Leadership Tip #10: Ask for the Impossible
- COMING SOON: Leadership Tip #11: Reflect on Your Successes
- COMING SOON: Leadership Tip #12: Unfinished Business
- It’s Enough! — have you felt overwhelmed, exhausted and in despair during the Coronavirus Pandemic? So was I. The Lord reminded me of Elijah and his experience in 1 Kings 19. Through 6 devotions I explore how the Lord administered to Elijah during his most difficult time in ministry.
- Finding Security with the Most High— a in-depth look at Psalm 91 and the LORD’s promises over 12 weeks. The devotions were edited and republished during the early months of the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Begin with Week #1 The Shelter of the Most High
- God’s Name In Nursing — applies each of the names of Yahweh to nursing for a total of 7 devotions.
- NCFI Values — explore the values of NCFI while applying important concepts to your professional nursing practice in 6 devotions.
- PRAYERWORKS — using the word(s) as an acrostic, explore the various ways to integrate PRAYER into your nursing practice.